As I get older, I find my attempts at Christmas become ever more cursory: I haven't begun shopping for presents; my Christmas tree is more of a Christmas shrub; and I can't even decide what I want from those who deign to ask me. It's all a lot of effort. Apparently Blizzard feels the same way, because the Winter Veil 'event' has descended on Hearthstone and it's not the company's most lavish Christmas do. The Stormwind and Orgrimmar boards have had a dusting of snow and cheery decorations, and winter will come to the other boards as the event proceeds through to January 6. Heroes, meanwhile, have been given festive greetings, plus we get 10 Classic card packs free... when we buy 40 or more. It's a long way from Scrooge-like, but it lacks the spirit of the holiday bashes Blizzard likes to throw in World of Warcraft. Still, there are supposed to be more festivities in the works—I'd like to see a Greatfather Winter-themed Tavern Brawl for...
CCP has been busy showing off EVE: Valkyrie this past week, and has dropped the news that Valkyrie will be bundled with every pre-order of the Oculus Rift at launch early next year. It makes eminent sense: Valkyrie has consistently been among the slickest VR experienceswhenever it's been demoed. The cockpit set-up is well suited to the Rift's limited range of motion (compared to the HTC Vive's positional tracking, anyway) and space is full of allure for both the sim obsessive and non-gamers who might otherwise be inclined to mistrust the Rift's black bulk. Oculus founder Palmer Luckey shared similar thoughts: “EVE: Valkyrie is one of the most anticipated virtual reality games, and one of the first true VR games to go into development. It perfectly captures the promise of immersive gaming, shooting you into a sci-fi adventure as you pilot a spaceship in search of combat. Battling your friends (and enemies) in multiplayer space dogfights is the ultimate VR...
We heard earlier this week that CD Projekt's next RPG epic, Cyberpunk 2077, will maybe— maybe , I said!—be out in 2016. As it turns out, a release date has actually been set, but CEO Adam KiciĆski said in an interview with Money.pl (translated by NeoGAF ) that the studio won't reveal it until it's ready to start the marketing campaign. And that's not likely to happen for a good while yet, because the focus in 2016
Comments
Post a Comment